Consignment means you bring in items to sell and the consignee (seller) will choose and sell items for you, retaining a portion of the proceeds. When your item sells, you get your percentage of the proceeds back in cash or store credit.
- Appointments are not always necessary during regular business hours Monday through Friday. If you would like to come in on a Saturday, an appointment will be required.
- Bring in your items freshly laundered, pressed, and on hangers by appointment. We give you the hangers back, of course. Bringing your clothes in on hangers will allow us to get the items out for sale quicker, however bringing the items neatly in a bag is acceptable. All accessories (purses, shoes, jewelry and such) must be clean and in pristine condition.
- We will go through everything with you and select items for resale based on condition, quality, brand and style
- We open an account for you and get you to review our consignment contract which explains all of our consignment policies in detail.
- We can donate any items that we feel we can’t sell, or you can take these back home with you. It's Our Little Secret is known to be very selective for consignments, which is the reason our store is such a great place to shop!
- We follow seasons so we take Fall/Winter items in August/September and Spring/Summer items in February and March. We are currently accepting Spring/Summer Items.
- Our consignment split is 60/40 unless we negotiate per item (such as in the case of high end or luxury goods which is determined by style, condition, original price, age and demand). You can choose to retain 40% of the proceeds (cash or credit) or 50% (credit only).
- Consigned items are displayed for 60 to 90 days. In some cases, we may decide to keep your items on the floor longer. Once you are notified that your items are ready for pick up, they must be picked up within 2 weeks. If items are not picked up within this time frame, It's Our Little Secret Consignment Shop Inc. will donate your unsold merchandise to local women's shelters or 'back to work' programs for women.
- We take in a variety of women’s clothing (sizes 0-14 and plus sizes), shoes, boots, purses and belts (mid to high-end labels only such as Aritzia brands & J. Crew, to Marc Jacobs, Tory Burch & D&G). We do not take bridal wear, lingerie, swimwear, ski/snowboard wear, and low-end brands (see below). Items must be clean, “in season” and have no wear, pilling, holes, stains, pet hair, or scuffs (ready to sell condition).
Alice & Olivia, Armani, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, BCBG, Bebe, Benetton, Betsey Johnson, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Club Monaco, Coach, Danier, Desigual, Diesel, Dior, DKNY, D&G, Ella Moss, Esprit, Ferragamo, Free People, French Connection, Diane von Furstenberg, Gucci, Guess, Holt Renfrew, House of Harlow, James Perse, J. Crew, Juicy Couture, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, LAMB, Louis Vuitton, Mackage, Matt & Nat, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Nanette Lepore, , Taverniti, Talula, Theory, , Tory Burch, , Vince, Wilfred, William Rast, etc. We do not take brands such as Old Navy, Joe Fresh, Garage, Urban Behavior, Reitmans, etc.